Abyot's Weblog is about »
1 Week (July 14 – 19):
Task A, GUI for IXF Export specification
possible inputs from users, like export by,
- Period – just provide a calendar GUI with from and to dates
- Location – options are All or any Clinic or Hospital from a list of available ones.
- Gender – Both, Female, Male
- Age Group – All, 1-5yrs, 5-10yrs, 10-15yrs, … (or is there any kind of WHO standard for age group classification?)
- Observation name – All or any specific interest from a list of observations (such a list will be generated from the encounters and observation for the given period)
Task B, IXF Export Object (Aggregation Service)
Prepare an IXF export object for containing and counting the discrete object that can make up the XML file to be exported. For the time being the IXFExportObject will have attributes of the following
- Name – observation name or disease name
- Location – hospital or clinic where such data is registered
- Period – the time when the observation encountered
- Gender – the gender where the patient belongs
- Age group – the age group where the patient is making up
- Count – an integer value containing a value of zero initially, and every time such an object is encountered in the export process ( mainly during aggregation) its value will increase by one
1 Week (July 21 – 26)
Task C, Aggregation (Aggregation Service)
Based on the inputs from users, Task A above, here the encounters will be collected as per the specification mentioned. This is basically couning the number of IXFExportObjects having similar charactiersitcs!
Task D, XML file generation (Export Service)
Here an XML file will be generated using the IXFExportObjects collected above (Task C). The XML file to be generated is based on the IXF V3 standard.
1 Week (July 28 – August 3)
Task E, Importing into DHIS (Import Service)
This task is to parse the IXF V3 file and put it into DHIS2 database. specifically each IXFExportObject is to match DHIS2 object called dataelement.
And this dataelement is to have a
- name – Matching IXFExportObject name
- OrganisationUnit – Matching IXFExportObject location
- Period – Matching IXFExportObect period
- Value – Matching IXFExportObject count
- Age (if multidimensional dataelement) – matching Age group of IXFExportObject
- Gender (if multidimensional dataelement) -matching Gender of IXFExportObject